The Egyptian Tax Authority (ETA) issued its decree no. 208 of 2022 regarding the application of the electronic tax invoice for all companies operating in Cairo, Giza and Qalyubia.
The aforementioned companies operating in those governorates are obliged to start issuing electronic tax invoices on products they sell and services they provide as of the 15th of June 2022.
According to article 2 of the decree, companies concerned with this decree are obliged to adhere to the following technical conditions:
1. Obtaining an electronic stamp certificate
2. Using GS1 or EGS coding system.
3. Implementation of the company’s registration procedures in the electronic tax invoice system through the system's self-registration feature and its requirements.
4. Implementation of the necessary steps to integrate with the electronic tax invoice system of the Egyptian Tax Authority and test cases for the functions of the system for companies that have an ERP SYSTEM
5. Using of the electronic tax invoice portal for companies that doesn’t have the ERP invoice issuance system.
The decree also included that companies outside the aforementioned governorates can enroll in the Electronic Tax Invoice system if they wish to as long as they adhere to the above technical conditions.